SAE International is the ultimate knowledge source for mobility engineering, and there are many benefits to becoming an SAE Member. In addition to the many program offerings, there are countless opportunities for networking, volunteering, and learning. SAE Detroit Section is the largest Section with almost 7,000 members. With a focus on automotive design and manufacturing including vehicles, trucks, buses and their engines, systems, and components, the Section is always developing ways to engage members and promote continued learning.
NEW MEMBER DRIVE (through June 30, 2021)
Help the Detroit Section win $500 by registering to become a new member by using code: SECTIONMBR. Register Here
- Technical Resources – Professional development courses, publications, SAE industry magazines
- Networking & Community – Member Connection, SAE events
- Career Tools – SAE Career Center, Career Counselor videos, Mentor Community
- Volunteer Opportunities – standards committees, university lecturer, session organizer, and more
- Partner Discounts – insurance, travel, and personal programs such as resume writing services and gym memberships
Student Member Benefits
- Get your career started with SAE resources
- Build your network
- Learn from industry experts
- Join a Collegiate Chapter
For a complete listing of benefits, visit SAE’s website. SAE Member benefits continue for 12 full months and expire at the end of the month in which you join, one year later.
SAE Customer Service: (877) 606-7323
Outside U.S. and Canada: (724) 776-4970
Email: [email protected]
Membership by Personal Request
Anyone already a member of SAE International can request membership in the SAE Detroit Section by emailing [email protected] or call (877) 606-7323. Be sure to include your full name and member number. This option is perfect for those interested in auto industry trends who are on overseas assignment, outside the boundaries of a section, or presently members of a section not involved with automotive industry activities.